|Email:||mihai.netea 'at' radboudumc.nl|
|Main Country of Residence:||THE NETHERLANDS|
|Section:||PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- Since 2007 Professor of Experimental Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
- 2007 Visiting scientist, Division Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado Health Sciences Centre, Denver, USA
- 2006 - 2007 Internist, subspecialty in infectious diseases, senior staff Department of Internal Medicine
- 2000 - 2006 Resident and fellow internal medicine/infectious diseases
- 1998 - 2000 Post-Doc researcher, Department of Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Netherlands
- 1994 - 1998 PhD training, Department of Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Netherlands
Fields of Scholarship
- Innate immunity
- Pattern recognition receptors
- Trained immunity
- Fungal infections
- Infectious diseases
Honours and Awards
- 1997 Institute of Cellular Signaling Nijmegen Award, for the study "Low-density lipoprotein receptor knock-out mice are protected against lethal Salmo¬nella typhimurium infection", presented at the Nijmegen Institute of Cellular Signalling AIO/OIO-Retraite, Heijen, The Netherlands, April 1997.
- 1999 Merck Irving S. Sigal Memorial Award of the American Academy of Microbiology, presented at the 1999 Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, September 26-29, San Francisco, USA
- 2002 International Sepsis Forum Young Investigator Award, presented at the 12th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, April 24-27, Milan, Italy.
- 2002 Dutch Society for Medical Microbiology Aventis Award, presented at the Annual Conference of the Dutch Society for Medical Microbiology, April 9-10, Papendal, the Netherlands.
- 2003 Postdoctoral Investigator Award, International Cytokine Society, presented at the International Cytokine Society Annual Meeting, September 20-24, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2003 Dutch SmithKline Beecham ICAAC Award, presented at the 2003 Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, September 10-15, Chicago, USA
- 2005 European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Young Investigator Award, presented at the 2005 ECCMID Congress, April 2-6, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2005 ICAAC Programme Committee Award in “Immunology of Infection”, for the study “Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain-2 and Toll-Like Receptor-2 are Two Non-Redundant Recognition Systems of Mycobacterium tuberculosis”.
- 2006 WRO Goslings prize of the Infectious Diseases Society of the Netherlands, for the research activities in the field of infectious diseases in the Netherlands.
- 2008 Nijmegen University Center for Infectious Diseases Award, for the research activity in the field of infectious diseases.
- 2005 Vidi Research Award ZonMW
- 2010 Vici Research Award ZonMW
- 2011 Nijmegen Institute for Infection, Inflammation and Immunity Award
- 2011 Radboud Science Award
- 2012 ERC Consolidator Grant
- 2013 European Society for Clinical Investigation Award for “Translational Research”