|Email:||giulio.cossu 'at' manchester.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
|Section:||CELL & DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2013 Constance Thornley Professor of Regenerative Medicine, University of Manchester
- 2012 - 2013 Professor of Human Stem Cell Biology, University College London
- 2008 - 2011 Director, Division of Regenerative Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan
- 2005 - 2011 Professor of Histology and Embryology, Department of Biology, University of Milan
- 2005 Professor of Histology and Embryology, Department of Biology, University of Milan
- 2000 - 2008 Director of the “Stem Cell Research Institute”, H.S. Raffaele, Milan.
- 2003 - 2006 Scientific Director of the San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park of Rome.
- 1999 - 2005 Professor of Histology and Embryology, II° Medical School, University of Rome "La Sapienza"
- 1994 - 1999 Professor, Dept. of Histology and Medical Embryology, II° Medical School, University of Rome "La Sapienza"
- 1993 - 1994 Visiting Professor. Dept. of Molecular Biology, Institut Pasteur, Paris
- 1986 - 1993 Associate Professor, Dept. of Histology and Medical Embryology, University of Rome "La Sapienza"
- 1983 - 1986 Researcher, Institute Histology, University of Rome "La Sapienza"
Fields of Scholarship
- Myogenic cell lineages
- Myogenic determination
- Muscle gene and cell therapy
- Pluripotent stem cells
Honours and Awards
- 2011 Feltrinelli prize (Accademia dei Lincei) for science
- 2008 "Cancer and Ageing”, Singapore 28.09-03.10, 2008.
- 2008 Jean Brachet Memorial Lecture (ISD) Keystone Symposium “Stem Cells Cancer and Ageing”, Singapore
- 2007 Prize for excellence in Research, Medical Academy of Turin
- 2005 Stella d’oro per la Medicina, Rome
- 2003 Galileo Prize for excellence in scientific research, City of Padua