Present and Previous Positions
- July 2001- Executive Secretary (60%) to the Academia Europaea
- August 2000 - Self-employed consultancy
- European Union (Directorate General for Research) – contract as ‘Mentor’ and provision of evidence in support for establishment of the policy of “Open Method of Coordination” for EU member states’ science policy
- July 1995 – July 2000: Department of Trade & Industry, Office of Science & Technology, International Directorate (now B.I.S): Assistant Director, EU Research Policy Co-ordination - Life Sciences and COST.
- July 1992 - June 1995 Head of marketing & commercial affairs - Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) of the UK.
- January 1986 - June 1992 International Business manager E. Merck (BDH Ltd, (UK); Coalite Chemicals Ltd - Biocides
- 1979 - 1984 University of Bath, UK. Pre- and Postdoctoral research - Ecological genetics of Higher Fungi
- 1973 - 1978 University of Exeter, UK: BSC (Botany); MSC, (Plant Pathology), Diploma in Education.