|Email:||carita.paradis 'at' englund.lu.se|
|Main Country of Residence:||SWEDEN|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2013 – 2015 Chair of the Scientific Council for the Humanities and Social Sciences at the Swedish Research Council
- 2010 – 2015 Chair of Linguistics at the Swedish Research Council
- 2010 – present Full Professor, Lund University
- 2005 – 201: Full Professor, Linnaeus University
- 2005 – 2006: Promoted Professor, Lund University
- 1998–2005: Senior lecturer, Lund University (Docent in English Linguistics 2003)
- 1998–2003: Research fellow, Lund University
- 1997–1998: Research fellow, Lund University (funded by The Swedish Bank Tercentenary Foundation)
- 1994–1995: Visiting researcher Manchester University, UK (funded by The Swedish Institute and Erasmus)
- 1992–1997: Doctoral position, Lund University
Fields of Scholarship
- Meaning modelling
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Sensory language
- Lexical semantic relations
- Spoken language
- Discourse analysis
Honours and Awards
- Member of Academia Europaea, from 2016.
- Member of AcademiaNet - Database of Outstanding Women Scientists in Europe – an initiative of the Robert Bosch Stiftung, in cooperation with the journals Spektrum der Wissenschaft, and Nature, from 2014.
- Member of the The Royal Society of Letters from 2014, Lund (Kungliga Humanistiska Vetenskapssamfundet).
- President of the Scandinavian Association for Language and Cognition (SALC) 2011 – 2013.
- Member of the steering committee of NetWordS (www.networds-esf.eu), 2010–2015.
- Member of the International Association for University Professors of English (IAUPE), membership by nomination, 2007– .
- Vice-president of the Swedish Association for Language and Cognition 2006–2009 (SALC)
- Member of the New Society of Letters from 2003, Lund (Vetenskapssocieteten).
- Treasurer for the Nordic Association of English Studies from 2001–2003 (NAES).
ATTENTION: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW HERE!!!