Victor A. Kabanov#
|Sadly, this member passed away.|
|Main Country of Residence:||RUSSIA|
- Since 1970 – Professor (Macromolecular Chemistry), Head of the Chair of High-Molecular Compounds, Faculty of Chemistry, MSU
- 1962-1969 – Associate Professor, Faculty of Chemistry, MSU.
Fields of Scholarship
- Kinetics and mechanism of polymerization
- Interpolyelectrolyte reactions and interpolymer complexes
- Biomimetics using synthetic and natural macromolecules and synthesis of bioactive polymer microconstructs
- Catalytic metal complexes in organized polymer matrices
Honours and Awards
- 1987 Full Member (Academician) of the USSR Academy of Science (now Russian academy of Science)
- Corresponding Member of the USSR Academy of Science (since 1968);
- Member of Academia Europea (since 1995); Member of Belgian Royal Academy (since 1991); Foreign Member of Ukraine National Academy of Sciences (2000), Lenin Prize in Science for the work “Abnormally Fast Polymerization of Solid Monomers” (1984); International Award of Polymer Society, Japan (1995); Lomonosov Prize for the work “Condensed conformation of DNA is an inherent property of the neutral double helix”(1999); Demidov Prize “For outstanding contribution in Polymer Science”; State Prize of Russian Federation for the work “Conjugated polymer-subunit immunogens and vaccines” (2001).