|Email:||df246 'at' cam.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2011 – present, Head of Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, UK
- 2007 – present, 1968 Professor of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, UK
- 1998 – 2013, Professor of Chemistry, University of Amsterdam, NL
- 1987 – 2013, Group/Division Leader, FOM Institute AMOLF, Amsterdam, NL
- 1987 - 2007, Professor of Chemistry, Utrecht University, NL
- 1981 – 1986. Lecturer/Reader in Physics, Utrecht University, NL
- 1980 – 1981, Research Scientists, Shell Research, Amsterdam, NL
- 1977 – 1980, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Chemistry, UCLA, CA, USA
Fields of Scholarship
- Computational chemistry
- Soft matter science
- Statistical mechanics
- Nucleation phenomena
- Monte Carlo methods
Honours and Awards
- 2012: Associate Fellow of TWAS
- 2012: Spiers Memorial Award of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- 2011: Joseph E Hirschfelder Prize, U. Wisconsin at Madison (USA)
- 2011: Concurrent Professor, Nanjing University (China)
- 2010: Soft Matter & Biophysical Chemistry Award of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- 2010: Elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK).
- 2008: Elected Foreign Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- 2008: Awarded ERC Advanced grant.
- 2007: Aneesur Rahman Prize for Computational Physics of the American Physical Society
- 2007: Honorary Doctorate, University of Edinburgh (UK)
- 2007: Berni Alder-CECAM prize of the European Physical Society.
- 2006: Elected Foreign Member Royal Society (London).
- 2005: Honorary Professor, Beijing University of Chemical Technology (CN)
- 2000: NWO Spinoza Award (NL)
- 1999: Bourke lecturer & medallist, Royal Society of Chemistry (UK).
- 1998: Elected member of the Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences (NL)