|Email:||changeux 'at' pasteur.fr|
|Main Country of Residence:||FRANCE|
|Section:||PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1955 École Normale Supérieure, Bachelor's degree
- 1957 Master's degree (Diplome d'Études Supérieure)
- 1964 PhD studies at the Pasteur Institute under the direction of Jacques Monod and Francois Jacob.
- 1965–1966 University of California Berkeley
- 1967 Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New-York
- 1972 Unit of Molecular Neurobiology at the Pasteur Institute, where he received a professorship in 1975.
- 1975 Changeux was elected professor at the Collège de France, chair of Cell Communications, position that he held until 2006
Fields of Scholarship
Honours and Awards
- 2010 Pasarow Award for "Extraordinary achievements in neuropsychiatric research", Los Angeles
- 2008 Neuronal plasticity prize, IPSEN Foundation
- 2008 CINP Pioneer Award
- 2007 NAS Award in the Neurosciences from the National Academy of Sciences
- 2006 Golden Eurydice Award from International Forum of Biophilosophy
- 2006 Dart/NYU Biotechnology Award in Basic Biotechnology
- 2005 Lewis Thomas Prize for Writing about Science
- 2002 American Philosophical Society’s Karl Spencer Lashley Award in neuroscience
- 2001 Balzan Prize for Cognitive Neurosciences
- 2000 Langley Award for basic research on nicotine and tobacco, Washington
- 1999 Linus Pauling medal, Stanford, US
- 1999 Eli Lilly award in preclinical Neuroscience, European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- 1998 Prize Emanuel Merck in Chemistry, Darmastadt
- 1997 Prize Jean-Louis Signoret in Neuropsychology, Ipsen Foundation
- 1997 Great prize of the Foundation for Medical Research, Paris
- 1996 Max-Delbrück Medal in Molecular Medicine
- 1994 Sir Hans Krebs medal, FEBS
- 1994 Goodman and Gilman Award in drug receptor pharmacology
- 1994 Camillo Golgi medal, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei
- 1993 Thudichum medal, Biochemical Society
- 1993 Louis-Jeantet prize for Medicine
- 1992 Science for Art, Prix d'Honneur LVMH
- 1992 International Prize Amedeo e Frances Herlitzka for Physiological Sciences
- 1992 Gold-medal of the French CNRS.
- 1991 Carl-Gustav-Bernhard medal of the Swedish Academy of Science
- 1990 Bristol-Myers-Squibb prize of the Neurosciences Research Institute.
- 1988 Rita-Levi-Montalcini prize of the Fidia Foundation
- 1986 prize F.-O- Schmitt of the Neursosciences Research Institute.
- 1985 Ciba Geigy Drew Award in Biomedical Research
- 1983 literacy prize Broquette-Gonin of the French academy for the "l'Homme neuronal"
- 1982 prize Richard-Lounsbery of the US Academy of Sciences and the French Academy of Sciences
- 1982 Wolf Foundation Prize in Medicine
- 1978 Gairdner Foundation International Award
- 1977 Alexandre-Joannidès prize of the French Academy of Sciences