|Sadly, this member passed away.|
|Email:||james.black 'at' kcl.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
|Section:||PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE|
James Black passed away in March 21, 2010.
- 1992-2006 Chancellor of the University of Dundee
- 1978-1992 Professor of Analytical Pharmacology at King's College, London
- 1973 Professor of Pharmacology at University College, London
- 1950 Lecturer at the University of Glasgow's Veterinary School
Fields of Scholarship
Honours and Awards
- 2000 Order of Merit
- 1994 Ellison-Cliffe Medal from the Royal Society of Medicine.
- 1988 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (together with Gertrude B. Elion, George H. Hitchings) "for their discoveries of important principles for drug treatment"
- 1982 Wolf Prize in Medicine
- 1981 Knight Bachelor
- 1979 Artois-Baillet Latour Health Prize
- 1976 Lasker award
- 1976 Fellow of the Royal Society