Pier M. Bertinetto#
|Email:||bertinetto 'at' sns.it|
|Main Country of Residence:||ITALY|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2005-2006 Dean of Classe di Lettere
- 1999-2000 Vice-director of Scuola Normale Superiore
- since 1981 Director and full professor of Laboratorio di Linguistica at Scuola Normale Superiore (Pisa)
Fields of Scholarship
- experimental phonetics and phonology
- experimental morphology
- typological linguistics
Honours and Awards
- President of Societas Linguistica Europaea for 2009.
- Foreign member of the Suomalainen Tiedeakatemia (Finnish Academy of Sciences) (since 2006).
- Member of the Academia Europaea (since 2010).
- Corresponding member of the Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften (since 2012).
- Former member of the “Permanent Council of the International Congress of Phonetic Sciences” and of the board of the International Phonetic Association.
- Former member of the Nominating Committee of Società di Linguistica Italiana (twice) and of Association for Linguistic Typology.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of LETiSS (Lingue d’Europa: Tipologia, Storia e Sociolinguistica; Centro di Formazione post-Laurea e Ricerca at Istituto Universitario di Studi Superiori, Pavia).
- Member of the evaluating committee Zentrum für Angewandte Sprachwissenschaft (Berlin, 2005), and on behalf of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (2006). Reviewer of projects and staff members on behalf of various international universities and national research agencies (Australia, Italy, Switzerland, USA).
- First prize in the Bonaventura competition for literary criticism of the Academy of Sciences of Turin (1979).