|Email:||timothy.williamson 'at' philosophy.ox.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
|Section:||PHILOSOPHY, THEOLOGY & RELIGIOUS STUDIES|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1980-88 Lecturer in Philosophy, Trinity College, Dublin
- 1988-94 Fellow and Praelector in Philosophy, University College, Oxford
- C.U.F. Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Oxford
- 1995-2000 Professor of Logic and Metaphysics, University of Edinburgh
- 2000- Wykeham Professor of Logic, University of Oxford, and Fellow of New
- College Oxford
- 1990, 1995 Visiting Fellow, Department of Philosophy, Research School of Social
- Sciences, A.N.U.
- 1994 Visiting Professor, Department of Linguistics and Philosophy, M.I.T.
- 1995 Visiting Erskine Fellow, Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies,
- University of Canterbury
- 1998-99 Visiting Professor, Department of Philosophy, Princeton University
- 2004 Visiting scholar, Centre for Advanced Study at the Norwegian Academy of
- Science and Letters
- 2013- Nelson Visitor, Department of Philosophy, University of Michigan, Ann
- Arbor (annual)
Fields of Scholarship
- Philosophy of language
Honours and Awards
- Fellow of the British Academy (elected 1997)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (elected 1997)
- Foreign member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters (elected 2004)
- Foreign honorary member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (elected 2007)
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce
- (elected 2011
- Nelson Distinguished Professor, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2003.
- Townsend Visitor, University of California, Berkeley, 2006.
- José Gaos Chair, UNAM, Mexico, 2006.
- Tang Chun-I Visiting Professor, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2007.
- President of the Aristotelian Society 2004-5.
- President of the Mind Association 2006-7; Vice-President 2005-6.
- Vice-President of the British Logic Colloquium 2007-.
- Research Awards
- AHRC Research Leave Award 2009
- Leverhulme Trust Major Research Fellowship 2009-12
- Máxima Distinción Académa a la Trayectoria Investigativa, Instituto de Investigaciones del
- Pensamiento Peruano y Latinoamericano, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San
- Marcos, Perú (2009).