|Email:||dm 'at' psychology.su.se|
|Main Country of Residence:||SWEDEN|
Present and Previous Positions
- since 1993 Professor Emeritus
- 1969-1992 Olof Eneroth professor of psychology, Stockholm University, Department of Psychology
- 1965-1969 Associate professor
- 1958-1964 University lecturer
- 1955-1958 Research assistant
Fields of Scholarship
- theoretical and methodological issues in personality and developmental psychology
Honours and Awards
- Knight of the Northern Star, 1973.
- The Royal Medal of the Seraphim, 1989.
- Swedish Royal Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities, Gold Medal, 2006.
- Honorary Doctor of the University of Jyväskylä, Finland, 1984.
- Speaker of the Year, 1990, Irish Psychological Association.
- Speaker of the year, 1997, Faculty of Psychology, Bergen, Norway.
- Honorary member of the Swedish Psychological Association, 1989.
- Honorary Doctor of the Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany, 1996.
- John P. Hill Memorial Award, Society for Research in Adolescence, USA, 1998.
- Honorary Doctor of the State University of Humanitarian Sciences in Moscow, 1998.
- The European Aristotle Prize, 1999.
- SRCD Distinguished Scientific Contributions to Child Development Award, 1999.
- International Association of Applied Psychology ( IAAP) for Extraordinary contribution to Applied psychology. Invited Fellow, 2006.
- Scientific Affiliations
- the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, member 1979.
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities, member, 1977.
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, member, 1989.
- Academia Europaea, member 1988, Vice President, 1988-97.
- European Academy of Arts and Sciences, Paris, member, 1985.
- New York Academy of Science, 1980.
- Rumanian Academy of Sciences, member, 1992.
- Russian Academy of Sciences, foreign member, 1999.
- AAAS, member, 1974.