|Email:||kacprzyk 'at' ibspan.waw.pl|
|Main Country of Residence:||POLAND|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1970 - present Professor (full time), Systems Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
- 1998 - present Professor (part time), WIT – Warsaw School of Appied Information Technology and Management, Poland
- 2007 - present Professor (part time), Industrial Institute of Automation and Measurements (PIAP), Warsaw, Poland
- 2010 - present Professor (part time), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
Fields of Scholarship
- Artificial and Computational Intelligence, notably multivalued and fuzzy logic
- Representation of uncertainty and imprecision and applications in computer science, decision analysis, control, etc.
- Use of natural language in the representation of systems and reasoning schemes, notably via computing with words and natural language generation
- Data mining and knowledge discovery, notably for decision support systems
- Linguistic summaries of big data sets and applications in computer systems, business and finance, etc.
- Flexible database queries reflecting imprecise, bipolar, etc. user preferences and intentions
- Computational models of group decision making, social choice and voting, and consensus reaching
- Multistage optimal fuzzy control, notably using dynamic programming
Honours and Awards
- Memberships of national and foreign academies:
- 2013: Foreign member, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- 2010: Full member, Polish Academy of Sciences
- 2007: Foreign member, Spanish Royal Academy of Economic and Financial Sciences (RACEF)
- 2002: Member-correspondent, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Fellowships in international professional and scientific organizations:
- Fellow, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), since 2006.
- Fellow, IFSA (International Fuzzy Systems Association), since 1997.
- Pioneer, lifetime achievement and similar awards:
- 2014: WAC (World Automation Congress) Lifetime Achievement Award in Soft Computing.
- 2013: IFSA (International Fuzzy Systems Association) 2013 Award for outstanding academic contributions and life time achievement in the field of fuzzy systems, and a continuous support of IFSA.
- 2010: Medal of the Polish Neural Network Society for exceptional contributions to the advancement of computational intelligence in Poland.
- 2007: Pioneer Award for Outstanding Contributions to Granular Computing and Computing with Words, Silicon Valley IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Chapter.
- 2006 Fuzzy Systems Pioneer Award, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, for pioneering works on multistage fuzzy control, in particular fuzzy dynamic programming.
- 2006: 6-th Kaufmann Award and Gold Medal for pioneering works on the use of fuzzy logic in economics and management, SIGEF and FEGI Foundation.
- 2000: AutoSoft Journal Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of pioneering and outstanding contributions to the field of soft computing.
- 2010-2013: Distringuished Lecturer, IEEE ComputationalIntelligence Society
- Current functions in national and international organizations:
- President, Polish Operational and Systems Research Society (PTBOiS), since 2007.
- Past President, International Fuzzy Systems Association (IFSA), 2009-2011.
- Member, Adcom (Administrative Committee), IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, since 2010.
- Member, Award and Fuzzy Pioneer Committee, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, since 2010.