G. Marius Clore#
|Email:||mariusc 'at' mail.nih.gov|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED STATES|
|Section:||BIOCHEMISTRY & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2011 - present NIH Distinguished Investigator
- 1990 - present Chief, Protein Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Section, Laboratory of Chemical Physics, NIH
- 1988 - 2011 Senior Investigator (tenured), Laboratory of Chemical Physics, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S.A.
- 1984 - 1988 Head, Biological NMR Group, Max Planck-Institute for Medical Research, Martinsried, Germany
- 1980 - 1984 Member of the Scientific Staff at the MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, U.K.
Fields of Scholarship
- Structural biology
- Molecular biophysics
- NMR spectroscopy
Honours and Awards
- 2014 Elected Member of the United States National Academy of Sciences
- 2012 Biochemical Society 2013 Centenary Award (previously known as the Jubilee Medal) and Sir Frederick Gowland Hopkins Memorial Lecture (U.K.)
- 2011 Centenary Prize, Royal Society of Chemistry (U.K.)
- 2011 Distinguished NIH Investigator
- 2011 Elected Fellow of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance
- 2010 Elected Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- 2010 Hillebrand Prize,Washington DC Chapter of the American Chemical Society.
- 2009 NIDDK Nancy Nossal Scientific Mentorship Award.
- 2009 Elected Fellow of the Biophysical Society.
- 2003 Elected Member of the Lister Institute for Preventive Medicine (U.K.).
- 2001 Original member, Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) Highly Cited Researchers Database (in Biochemistry and Biology Section and Chemistry Section).
- 1999 Elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- 1996 The Harrington Lecture, MRC National Institute for Medical Research (U.K.)
- 1993 Dupont-Merck Young Investigator Award of the Protein Society.
- 1993 1993 National Institutes of Health Lecture.
- 1992 National Institutes of Health Director's Award.
- 1991 Elected Fellow of the Washington Academy of Sciences.
- 1990 Distinguished Young Scientist Award of the Maryland Academy of Sciences.
- 1990 Scientific Achievement Award (Biological Sciences) of the Washington Academy of Sciences.
- 1990 Elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (U.K).