|Email:||broy 'at' in.tum.de|
|Main Country of Residence:||GERMANY|
Present and Previous Positions
- Since 1989 Full Professor in Computer Sciences (Successor of Prof. F.L. Bauer) at the Institute of Computer Sciences, Technische Universität München
- 1983-1989 Full Professor in Computer Sciences at the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Universität Passau
- 1983 Founder and Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Universität Passau
- 1982 Habilitation from the Technische Universität München, Faculty of Informatics and Mathematics. Topic: "A theory of Nondeterminism, Parallelism, Communication and Concurrency"
- 1980 Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Natural Sciences with an award from the Faculty of Mathematics at the Technische Universität München, Ph. D. Thesis: "Transformation of parallel feed back programs"
Fields of Scholarship
- software and systems engineering centered around core topics of software and systems development
- development of critical embedded systems, mobility and context-awareness, and development methods for complex industrial-scale software systems
Honours and Awards
- 1992 Member of European Science Academy
- 1994 Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize of the German Science Fondation (DFG)
- 1996 Federal Cross of Merit
- 2003 Member of the German Academy of Natural Scientists/Leopoldina
- 2003 Doctor Honorius Causa of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, University of Passau
- 2004 Member of the Association of Computer Sciences, GI e.V.
- 2006 Max-Planck-Fellowship
- 2006 Bavarian State Award for Education and Culture
- 2006 Member of acatech - Council for Technical Sciences
- 2007 Konrad-Zuse-Award, Association of Computer Sciences (GI)