|Email:||r.braidotti 'at' uu.nl|
|Main Country of Residence:||THE NETHERLANDS|
|Section:||PHILOSOPHY, THEOLOGY & RELIGIOUS STUDIES|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2005 - present Founding Director Center for the Humanities, Utrecht University
- 2005 - present Distinguished University Professor of Humanities, Utrecht University
- 1995 - 2005 Founding Director of National Research School of Women's Studies
- 1988-2005 Founding Professor of Women Studies, Utrecht University
- 1981 PhD in Philosophy Paris/Sorbonne
- Several visiting professorships/scholarships: Leverhulme Professorship at Birckbeck Law School; Visitor, London School of Economics; Center for Advanced Studies London; Jean Monnet Chair at the European University in Florence; Fellow in the School of Social Science at Institute for Advanced Studies,Princeton;De Sanctis Chair at ETH Zurich; Columbia University in the City of New York and others
Fields of Scholarship
- Continental philosophy
- Women studies/gender studies
- Feminist philosophy
- Social studies of science and technology
- Cultural Studies
Honours and Awards
- 2013 Honorary Degree in Philosophy, University of Linköping.
- 2010 The Erasmus Prize of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission for outstanding contribution to fostering social inclusion in and through education and training.
- 2009 Honorary Fellow, Australian Academy of the Humanities.
- 2007 Honorary Degree in Philosophy, University of Helsinki.
- 2006 The University Gold Medal,University of Lodz, Poland, for contribution to European Women’s Studies.
- 2005 “Knighthood in the order of the Nederlandse Leeuw”,2005.