|Email:||mjw 'at' cs.ox.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2012 - present Professor, University of Oxford: (Head of Department of Computer Science 2014-present)
- 2000 - 2012, Professor, University of Liverpool: (Head of Department 2001-2005; Head of School 2008-2012)
- 1997 - 1999 Lecturer and Reader, Queen Mary & Westfield College, University of London: Reader (1998-99); lecturer (1997-98)
- 1996 - 1997 Software Architect, Mitsubishi Electric Digital Library Group/Zuno LTD.
- 1992 - 1996 Lecturer, Manchester Metropolital University
Fields of Scholarship
- Multi-agent systems
- Knowledge representation
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer science
Honours and Awards
- 2012-17: ERC Advanced Investigator Grant "RACE" (5 year €2m award)
- 2009: Elected Fellow, British Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and Simulation of Behaviour (SSAISB).
- 2008: Elected Fellow, American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). See: http://www.aaai.org/Awards/fellows.php
- 2008: Influential Paper Award, Special Recognition from the International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, for the paper Intelligent Agents: Theory and Practice, Knowledge Engineering Review 10(2):115–152, 1995.
- 2007: Elected Fellow, European Association for Artificial Intelligence (ECCAI). See: http://www.eccai.org/fellows.shtm
- 2006: Winner of ACM Autonomous Agents Research Award. Awarded annually by ACM to an individual whose research has been particularly influential over the preceding 5 years. See: http://sigai.acm.org/awards/autonomous_agents_award.html