Alex James Wilkie#
|Email:||awilkie 'at' maths.man.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2007 - Appointment to the Fielden Chair of Pure Mathematics, Universty of Manchester, UK
- 1986-2007 Reader in Mathematical Logic, University of Oxford, UK.
- 01-04 1986 Visiting Professor of Mathematics, University of California at Berkeley, USA.
- 1984-1986 Lecturer in Mathematics, University of Manchester, UK.
- 1983-1984 SERC Advanced Research Fellow, University of Manchester, UK.
- 1982-1983 Visiting Research Fellow, University of Paris VII, France.
- 1981-1982 Junior Lecturer, University of Oxford, UK.
- 1980-1981 Visiting Assistant Professor, Yale University, USA.
- 1978-1980 Junior Lecturer, University of Oxford, UK.
- 1973-1978 Research Fellow, The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK.
- 1971-1972 Lecturer, University of Leicester, UK.
Fields of Scholarship
- Mathematical logic
- Model theory
- Diophantine geometry
- Analytic functions
Honours and Awards
- 2013 Elected Fellow of the American Mathematical Society
- 2010 Elected President of the Association for Symbolic Logic (for period 2010-2012)
- 2001 Elected Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS)
- 1998 Invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians-Logic Section (Berlin)
- 1993 Awarded Carol Karp Prize by the Association for Symbolic Logic (jointly with E Hrushovski)
- 1993 Invited to give the Tarski Lectures (Berkeley)
- 1986 Invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians (Berkeley)