|Email:||wesolowski 'at' vp.pl|
|Main Country of Residence:||POLAND|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1952 B.A. in Sociology, University of Łódź
- 1954 M.A. in Philosophy, University of Warsaw
- 1961 Ph.D. in Sociology, University of Warsaw
- 1964 Dr. hab. in Sociology, University of Warsaw
- 1954-64 Lecturer and Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy and Sociology, University of Warsaw
- 1964-68 Associate Professor and Chair of General Sociology. Department of Economics and Sociology, University of Łódź.
- 1968-82 Associate Professor, and subsequently Professor Chair of General Sociology, Institute of Sociology, University of Warsaw
- 1972-80 Professor and Head of the Section of Social Structure, Institute of Philosophy of Sociology, Polish Academy of Sciences
- 1974-81 Deputy Director for Scientific Research. Institute for Fundamental Problems of Marxism-Leninism, affiliated to the Central Committee of the Polish United Workers Party
- 1980-99 Professor, since 1991 Head of the Section on Structures of Power, Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Polish Academy of Sciences (since 1999 Professor Emeritus active in research projects)
- 1993-to present Professor of Sociology at the Graduate School for Social Research affiliated to IFiS PAN
- 1995-to present Professor of Sociology at Collegium Civitas. An Independent School in Warsaw
Fields of Scholarship
- Class structure
- Social stratification
- Social change
- Postcommunist transformation)
- Political sociology
- Political elites
- Political parties)
Honours and Awards
- Foreign Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (since 1988).
- Member of the Academia Europaea (since 1989).
- Doctor honoris causa, University of Helsinki, Finland (granted 1989).