Erik Teodoor Verhoef#
|Email:||e.t.verhoef 'at' vu.nl|
|Main Country of Residence:||THE NETHERLANDS|
|Section:||ECONOMICS, BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2009-present Visiting Professor at the Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- 2008-2011 Member of Faculty Board (Research Director, Vice dean), Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, VU University Amsterdam
- 2002-present Full Professor of Spatial Economics at the Department of Spatial Economics, VU University, Amsterdam.
- 1996-2002 Post-doc at the Department of Spatial Economics, VU University, Amsterdam.
- 1999 3-month Visiting scholar, University of California at Irvine
- 1992-1996 PhD-student at the Department of Spatial Economics, VU University, Amsterdam.
Fields of Scholarship
- Traffic congestion
- Static and dynamic network analysis
- Urban externalities
- Second-best regulation
- Efficiency and equity aspects of spatial externalities and regulation
- Spatial equilibrium modelling
- Transport economics
- Urban economics.
Honours and Awards
- The Epainos Prize 1996, European Regional Science Association
- Honorable Mention for the 1996 Dissertation Prize of the Transportation Science Section of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- RSUE Award for Innovative Research by Recent Doctoral Candidates 2000, awarded by Regional Science and Urban Economics for the paper “Second-best congestion pricing in general static transportation networks with elastic demands”
- Reimut Jochimsen Prize 2006 for the paper “Auctioning Concessions for Private Roads” (with Barry Ubbels)
- Honorable Mention for the WCTRS Prize for the paper “Private roads: Auctions and competitions in networks”; WCTR 2007 (Berkeley)
- Highly Cited Author Award 2004 – 2008, Journal of Urban Economics. For the paper “The economics of airport congestion pricing”
- Elected Fellow of the Regional Science Association Intenational (2010)