|Sadly, this member passed away.|
|Email:||stojmenovic 'at' gmail.com|
|Main Country of Residence:||SERBIA|
Ivan Stojmenovic passed away November 3, 2014. Obituary
- Oct. 1, 2008-present Full Professor, Department of Energetics, Electronics and Telecommunications, University of Novi Sad, Serbia.
- 1995-2007; 2009- Full professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada.
- 2007/04-2009/03 Chair in Applied Computing, Dept. Electronic, Electrical, & Computer Engineering, University of Birmingham, UK.
- 2000/04-2002/05 Researcher at DISCA, IIMAS, Universidad National Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico D.F., Mexico.
- 2005/01-2005/08 Professeur invité, Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Lille, France, France.
- 1988-1995 Assistant/Associate professor at the Computer Science Department, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada.
- 1988/01-1988/06 Visiting assistant professor at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Miami, USA.
- 1987/08-1987/12 Visiting assistant professor at the Computer Science Department, Washington State University, Pullman, USA.
- 1985/09 -1986/02 Visiting researcher at the Electro-Technical Laboratory, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan.
- 1980/10 -1987/07 Teaching Assistant, Assistant Professor at the Institute of Mathematics, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Yugoslavia (Serbia).
Fields of Scholarship
- Algorithms (among top 20 researchers by Google Scholar citations)
- Wireless networks (among top ten researchers by Google Scholar citations)
- Parallel and Distributed Systems (top researcher by Google Scholar citations)
- Wireless Ad Hoc, Sensor, Actuator, Robot, and Vehicular Networks (Data Communications, Routing, Broadcasting)
- Nature Inspired Computing (Genetic Algorithms, Evolutionary Computing, Particle Swarm Optimization)
- Neural and Interconnection Networks
- Combinatorial Algorithms
- Computational and Digital Geometry
- Computational Chemistry
- Programming Languages
- Multiple-Valued Logics (Functional Completeness)
Honours and Awards
- Fellow of the Academy of Engineering, Canada, from 2012
- Humboldt Research Award, Germany, 2013.
- IEEE Computer Society Distinguished Visitor Program, January 2010- December 2012
- Best Paper Award: The 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and its Applications CSA, Dec 10-12, 2009, Jeju, Korea
- Excellence in Research Award of the University of Ottawa for 2009
- IEEE Fellow, Communications Society, effective 1 January 2008, for contributions to data communication algorithms and protocols for wireless sensor and ad hoc networks
- Best Paper Award, IARIA International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications SENSORCOMM 2007, October 14-20, 2007, Valencia, Spain
- Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award, UK, June 2006
- Faculty of Engineering’s 2004-2005 George S. Glinski Award for Excellence in Research, University of Ottawa
- Best Paper Award, 9th IFIP Int. Conference on Personal Wireless Communications PWC, September 21-23, 2004, Delft, The Netherlands
- Fast Breaking Paper, October 2003 (the only one in October for the entire computer science, and one out of four papers awarded to computer science field for the whole year 2003; awarded bimonthly to 12-15 highly cited papers from 22 broad fields of science), Thomson ISI Essential Science Indicators http://esi-topics.com/fbp/fbp-october2003.html
- Certificate of Appreciation, IEEE Computer Society, ‘for his outstanding contribution as a founding Managing Editor of Multiple-Valued Logic, An International Journal’, May 2002
- Fulbright Senior Fellowship, Government of the USA (Computer Science), 1987-8
- Government of Japan award for foreign specialists, 1985
- Bronze medal http://www.imo-official.org/team_r.aspx?code=YUG&year=1976 at the International Mathematics Olympiad for secondary schools, Lienz, Austria, 1976
- Listed among 15 mathematician from Serbia on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Serbian_mathematicians]
- Listed among 15 mathematician from Serbia on Wapedia: http://wapedia.mobi/en/Category:Serbian_mathematicians