David B. Stephenson#
|Email:||d.b.stephenson 'at' exeter.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
|Section:||EARTH & COSMIC SCIENCES|
Present and Previous Positions
- 04/2007 - present Professor in the Statistical Analysis of Weather and Climate. Director and founder of the Exeter Climate Systems research centre, Mathematics Research Institute, University of Exeter, U.K.
- 06/2004 - 12/2008 Adjunct Professor at the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research, University of Bergen, Norway
- 10/2000 - 03/2007 Reader (Associate Professor) in Statistical Climatology, Department of Meteorology, University of Reading, U.K.
- 10/1999 - 09/2000 Lecturer, Department of Meteorology, University of Reading, U.K.
- 08/1998 - 09/1999 European Union fellowshyi, Department of Probability & Statistics, University of Toulouse, France
- 12/1992 - 07/1998 Visiting Scientist, French National Weather Service (Meteo-France), Toulouse, France.
- 09/1991 - 11/1992 European Union fellowship, Department of Meteorology, University of Reading, U.K.
- 09/1989 - 08/1991 Vsiting Scientist, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL), University of Princeton, U.S.A.
Fields of Scholarship
- Statistical climatology
Honours and Awards
- 1995 First Prize in the Seymour Cray computational science competition, France. Awarded for innovative development work at CERFACS on coupled ocean—atmosphere models
- 1997 American Geophysical Union citation for Excellence in Refereeing
- 07/2003 — present Member of the World Meteorological Organisation World, Weather Research Programme Joint Working Group on Forecast Veryication
- 1999 — present Fellow ofthe Royal Meteorological Society
- 1999 — present Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society