Andrew John Spencer#
|Email:||spena 'at' essex.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1999 - present Professor of Linguistics, University of Essex
- 1993 - 1999 Senior Lecturer, University of Essex
- 1990 - 1993 Lecturer, University of Essex
- 1981 - 1990 Lecturer, Polytechnic of Central London
- 1987 - 1998 Assistant, Département de langue et de littérature anglaises, Université de Genève
- 1979 - 1981 Translator, Agentstvo Pechati Novosti, Moscow
Fields of Scholarship
Honours and Awards
- British Academy/Leverhulme Trust Senior Research Fellowship (October 2002 – October 2003)
- AHRC – 119393 ‘Possession and attributive modification. October 2006 – September 2007, £41, 673.
- ESRC – R45126497499. Two-year Research Seminar series ‘Models and Methods in Morphology’, June 2000 – May 2002.
- ESRC - R000223037. A web interface for a Russian lexical database. £38 337 Nov. 1999-Oct. 2000 for three research assistants. [Graded: GOOD]
- INTAS - 96-085 ‘A formal description of the verb lexicon’. Grant of 57, 270 ECU to A. Spencer (Coordinator), B. Wiemer (Konstanz), E. V. Paducheva (Moscow), T. E. Yanko (Moscow) to fund a Moscow-based joint project, 1996 – 1999.
- ESRC - R000236115 Russian Verb Classes and their Nominalizations. 1 Oct 1995 - 30 Sept 98. Grant of £99, 970 for one RA full-time to develop database of Russian verbs with semantic and syntactic descriptions and their corresponding nominalizations. [Graded: OUTSTANDING]
- ESRC - R000234783. Argument Structure in Russian Nominalizations. £27 000 Nov. 1993-Nov. 1994 for two research assistants [with L. Sadler]. [Graded: OUTSTANDING]