Anna Maria Siewierska#
|Sadly, this member passed away.|
|Email:||a.siewierska 'at' lancaster.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Anna Maria Siewierska passed away August 6, 2011
- 1994 Professor of Linguistics and Human Communication, Lancaster University
- 1992 Post-doctoral (habilitation degree). Faculty of Philology and History, University of Gdańsk
- 1990-1994 Lecturer in Linguistics and then Senior Research Fellow of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW), Department of General Linguistics, University of Amsterdam
- 1985 Ph.D., Department of Linguistics, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- 1980-90 Lecturer in English and Linguistics, Department of English, Gdańsk University,.
Fields of Scholarship
- Language universals and linguistic typology
- Language change
- Genetic linguistics
- Models of grammar
- Comparative morpho-syntax
- Discourse pragmatics
- Computer aids in linguistic analysis
- Morpho-syntax of English dialects
Honours and Awards
- 1986 Award of the Minister of Education, Poland.
- 1989 Award of the Minister of the Commission of Educa¬tion, Poland.
- 2000/2001/2007, 2008 Visiting Professor at the Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig
- Member ERC Advanced Grant Evaluation panel SH 4 Brain and the Mind (2008- )