|Email:||emros 'at' imf.csic.es|
|Main Country of Residence:||SPAIN|
|Section:||MUSICOLOGY & HISTORY OF ART & ARCHITECTURE|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2009 - Permanent Researcher in Musicology, Institució Milà i Fontanals (CSIC) [Spanish National Research Council], Barcelona
- 2008 - 2009 "Profesor Titular" (Associate Professor). Universitat de Girona (Spain)
- 1999 - 2008 "Profesor Titular" (Associate Professor). Universidad de Granada (Spain)
- 1993 - 1998 "Assistant Professor of Music". School for the Arts. Boston University. Boston (USA)
- 1986 - 1992 "Graduate Fellow" and "Adjunct Lecturer". Brooklyn College. The City University of New York, CUNY. New York (USA)
- 1983 - 1986 "Presidential Scholarship" Ph.D. Program in Music. The Graduate School, CUNY. New York (USA)
- 1981 - 1983 "Graduate Assistant". Department of Music History. Hartt School of Music. University of Hartford, Connecticut (USA)
Fields of Scholarship
- Renaissance music manuscript/printed books: edition, music patronage, performance practice.
- Transmission of music repertory between Spain and other countries (from Europe and the Americas).
- Historiography of Spanish music in the international context.
- Spanish traditional music. Project "Fons de Música Tradicional (CSIC-IMF)": http://www.musicatradicional.eu
Honours and Awards
- 2003 Universidad de Granada Research Award. [“Premio Universidad de Granada a Trabajos de Investigación de Excelencia. Año 2003”]
- 1996 Permanent Residence Permit (“Green Card”) in the United States obtained (through Boston University) under the special category of “Outstanding Professor/Researcher”
- 1992 “Barry S. Brook Dissertation Award 1992”, The City University of New York (CUNY), Graduate School, Ph.D. Program in Music
- 1983 Admitted as a Member of the “Pi Kappa Lambda, National Music Honor Society”, Hartt School of Music, University of Hartford (USA)