Bo Rune Ingemar Ralph#
|Email:||bo.ralph 'at' svenska.gu.se|
|Main Country of Residence:||SWEDEN|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1984 - present Professor of Scandinavian Languages, University of Gothenburg
- 1982 - 1984 Professor of Scandinavian Languages, University of Stockholm
- 1980 - 1982 Acting Professor of Computational Linguistics, University of Gothenburg
- 1978 Senior Lecturer / Assistant Professor in Scandinavian Languages, University of Gothenburg
- 1970 - 1980 Temporary appointments as senior lecturer in Scandinavian Languages and General Linguistics, University of Gothenburg
- 1968 - 1978 Research Assistant, University of Gothenburg
Fields of Scholarship
- Swedish language history
- Scandinavian janguage history
- Historical linguistics
- Lexicology and lexicography
- History of Swedish and Scandinavian lexicography
- Old Norse
- Text philology
- Scientific editorial work
Honours and Awards
- 2004 Elected Fellow of Agder Academy of Sciences and Letters, Kristiansand, Norway.
- 1999 Elected Member of the Swedish Academy, to Chair No. 2 (out of a total of 18 members); shared responsibility to award the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- 1999 Elected Fellow of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, Oslo, Norway.
- 1996 Awarded Margit Pahlson's Prize by the Swedish Academy for "outstanding contributions to the study of Swedish".
- 1989 Awarded Blomska stipendiet ((Blom's Prize) by the Swedish Academy.
- 1984 Elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and Sciences in Gothenburg, Sweden.