|Email:||ioancurseu 'at' yahoo.com|
|Main Country of Residence:||ROMANIA|
|Section:||FILM, MEDIA & VISUAL STUDIES|
Present and Previous Positions
- October 2016 - present Associate Professor, Babeş-Bolyai University, Department of Cinematography and Media, Faculty of Theatre and Television
- October 2008 - September 2016 Assistant Professor, Babeş-Bolyai University, Department of Cinematography and Media, Faculty of Theatre and Television
- 2012 - 2016 Guest Professor, Babeş-Bolyai University, Faculty of Letters. Title of the course: French Writers from the 20th century and the film (taught in French, in the MA program Multilingual & Multicultural Communication).
- September 2012-February 2013: Guest Professor, University of Bucharest, Excellence Center for the Study of Image (CESI), in the MA program Society, Multimedia, Spectacle
- From 2012 director of the book collection “Cinemag” (cinema, visual arts), Tact Publishing House
- From 2011 Member of the editorial board of the academic journal Studia Universitatis Babeş-Bolyai. Dramatica (http://studia.ubbcluj.ro/serii/dramatica/index_en.html). 2013-2016: Secretary of the editorial board
- 2011 - 2013 Secretary of the editorial board of the academic journal Ekphrasis. Images, Cinema, Theory, Media, edited by the Babeş-Bolyai University (http://www.ekphrasisjournal.ro).
- 2008 - 2016 Member of the editorial board, Steaua (cultural magazine), Cluj-Napoca
- From 2008 to the present: Member of the Research and Creation Center “Vlad Mugur”, Faculty and Theatre and Television Cluj, ITIA line (History of the Theatre, Theatrical Iconography & Anthropology)
- 2002 - 2007 Teaching assistant and PhD student at the University of Geneva, Switzerland, Comparative Literature Section. Seminaries in French Literature and Culture of the 19th century, in Literature & Cinema, Literature & Arts
Fields of Scholarship
- Cultural and visual anthropology
- 19th century French literature
- History of theater
- Ethnography & folklore
Honours and Awards
- From 2014 to the present: Member of Uniunea Scriitorilor din România (Writers' Union of Romania).
- From 2013 to the present: President of the Jury for the ClujShorts International Film Festival (http://clujshorts.ro/jury).
- 2014 The "Eta Boeriu" Prize, for the Romanian translation and critical edition of "Baudelaire et l'expérience du gouffre" (2013), granted by the Writers' Union of Romania.
- 2013 The “Culture and civilization” Prize, International Book Fest, 22nd edition, Chişinău 2013), and 3 prize nominations in Romania for the book Magie şi vrăjitorie în cultura română. Istorie, literatură, mentalităţi [Magic and Witchcraft in Romanian Culture. History, Literature, Mentality]. 3 prize nominations in Romania: Observator cultural; Gala premiilor industriei de carte; Writers' Union Cluj.
- April - May 2009; September 2013 2 international prestigious fellowships, granted by Centre national du livre, Paris, at the Collège International des Traducteurs Littéraires (CITL), Arles.
- 2009 The "Clujul literar” Prize for essay, granted by the Writers’ Union of Romania, for the book Baudelaire, la plural [Baudelaire, plural].
- 2005 The Debut Prize of Cuvântul cultural journal, granted for the book Nu ştie stânga ce face dreapta. Două eseuri despre şovăielile gândirii critice [The Left Doesn’t Know what the Right Does. Two Essays on the Hesitation of Critical Thinking]. The book got also a nomination for the annual prizes of România literară magazine (May 2005).
- 2003 Hélène and Victor Barbour Prize, Geneva, granted for the MA Dissertation: Baudelaire: théâtralité, théâtre(s), ébauches de pièces.