|Email:||carl.petersen 'at' epfl.ch|
|Main Country of Residence:||SWITZERLAND|
|Section:||PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2014 - present Full Professor. Head of the Laboratory of Sensory Processing, Brain Mind Institute, Faculty of Life Sciences, EPFL, Switzerland.
- 2010 - 2013 Associate Professor. Head of the Laboratory of Sensory Processing, Brain Mind Institute, Faculty of Life Sciences, EPFL, Switzerland.
- 2003 - 2009 Assistant Professor. Head of the Laboratory of Sensory Processing, Brain Mind Institute, Faculty of Life Sciences, EPFL, Switzerland.
- 1999 - 2003 Post Doctoral Research Fellow. Advisor Prof Bert Sakmann, Department of Cell Physiology, Max-Planck-Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg, Germany.
- 1996 - 1998 Post Doctoral Research Fellow. Advisor Prof Roger Nicoll, Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA.
- 1992 - 1996 Doctoral Student. Advisor Prof Sir Michael Berridge, The Babraham Institute, Department of Zoology, Cambridge University, England, UK.
- 1991 Research Assistant. Advisor Prof Yasunobo Okada, Department of Physiology, Kyoto University, Japan.
- 1990 Research Assistant. Advisor Prof Ole Petersen, The Physiological Laboratory, University of Liverpool, England, UK.
Fields of Scholarship
- Cellular neurophysiology
- Sensory perception
- Motor control
- Sensorimotor integration
Honours and Awards
- 2012 European Research Council Advanced Grant (2012-2017) awarded to explore the neural circuits underlying sensorimotor integration
- 2009 HFSP Program Grant (2009-2012) with Mathew Diamond (SISSA), Edward Callaway (Salk) and Carlos Brody (Princeton)
- 2004 Leenaards Prize (2004) with Prof. Christian Lüscher (University of Geneva)