|Email:||e.olah 'at' oncol.hu|
|Main Country of Residence:||HUNGARY|
|Section:||PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1986 - present First and current Head, Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Oncology (NIO), Budapest, Hungary
- 1995 - present Invited Professor of Molecular Genetics, Eötvös Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
- 1992 - present Human geneticist (h.c.), Haynal Imre Postgraduate Medical School, Budapest, Hungary
- 1986 - 1992 Visiting Professor, Indiana University School of Medicine (IUPUI), Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 1978 - 1986 Senior Research Fellow, Department of Cell Biology, National Institute of Oncology, Budapest, Hungary
- 1977-1978 Visiting researcher with Dr. George Weber, Laboratory for Experimental Oncology, IUPUI, Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 1974-1977 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Cell Biology and Tissue Culture, NIO, Budapest, Hungary
- 1970-1974 Pre-Doctoral Fellow with Dr. István Pályi, Research Institute of Oncopathology, Budapest, Hungary
Fields of Scholarship
- Molecular cancer research
- Cancer susceptibility genes in breast-ovarian, colorectal and other cancers.
- Cancer risk conferred by BRCA1/2 mutations.
- Identification of new cancer risk modifier genes in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers (GWAS international study).
- Metabolic reprogramming of cancer (functional studies in cell cultures).
Honours and Awards
- 2009 Fellow, European Academy of Cancer Sciences
- 2008 Honorary Member, European Association for Cancer Research (EACR)
- 2007 Member (Corr.), Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Medical Division)
- 2003 AACR plaque by President of American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) for international leadership
- 2001 Krompecher Award, Hungarian Cancer Society
- 2001 Szentágothai János Award, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 1999 George Weber Foundation Award
- 1999 Széchenyi Professor fellowship
- 1990 Fellow, National Institute of Health (USA)