|Email:||jm 'at' disi.unitn.it|
|Main Country of Residence:||ITALY|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2005 - present Distinguished Professor, Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, University of Trento
- 1970 - 2009 Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Fields of Scholarship
- Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
Honours and Awards
- 2012 Honorary doctorate degree, RWTH Aachen University
- 2011 Fellow, Canadian Artificial Intelligence Association / Association pour l'Intelligence Artificielle au Canada (CAIAC).
- 2011 Honorable mention for most influential paper award, 19th International IEEE Conf. on Requirements Engineering (RE’11)
- 2010 Recipient of a European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant for a project titled “Foundations for Software Evolution”
- 2010 Recipient of the 2010 Peter P. Chen award
- 2008 Fellow, European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence (ECCAI)
- 2007 Distinguished paper award, 22nd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE’07)
- 2007 Fellow, Royal Society of Canada, Academy of Sciences, Div. of Applied Sciences and Engineering
- 2005 Distinguished professor (chiara fama), University of Trento.
- 2001 First holder of the Bell University Labs Chair in Information Systems, a University of Toronto endowed chair, 2001-05.
- 1998 Elected president (1998-01), Very Large Databases Endowment; re-elected (2002-05)
- 1994 Most influential paper award, Sixteenth International Conference on Software Engineering, May 1994, Sorrento
- 1993 Fellow of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence (fifth Canadian to receive this honour.)
- 1992 First ever outstanding services award, Canadian Society for Computational Studies of Intelligence (CSCSI).