|Email:||c.l.mummery 'at' lumc.nl|
|Main Country of Residence:||THE NETHERLANDS|
|Section:||CELL & DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2008 - date Professor of Developmental Biology, Chair Dept. Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University Medical Centre, NL.
- 2002 - 2008 Professor of Developmental Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Utrecht, NL.
- 2007 Radcliffe Fellow/visiting professor, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Cambridge, USA. Engineering cardiac grafts.
- 1993 - 2008 Senior staff scientist (Tenured), group leader, Hubrecht Institute (KNAW), Utrecht,NL.
- 1985 - 1993 Tenured staff scientist, Hubrecht Institute (KNAW: Royal Netherlands Academy of Science), Utrecht, NL.
- 1981 - 1984 Postdoctoral fellowship (fixed term) Hubrecht Laboratory from Shell International Research.
- 1978 - 1980 Postdoctoral fellowship (fixed term) from the Royal Society, UK.
- 1974 - 1978 PhD in Biophysics, University of London, U.K.
- 1971 -1 974 BSc. (Honours) in Physics, Electronics, Mathematics, University of Nottingham, U.K.
Fields of Scholarship
- Human pluripotent stem cell biology
- Cardiovascular development
- Cardiac disease models
- Biophysics of cardiac and vascular cells
- Cardiac repair
- Vascular disease modelling
- Transforming growth factor beta superfamily signalling
Honours and Awards
- 2014 Hans Bloemendaal Medal for innovative interdisciplinary research
- 2014 Hugo van de Poelgeest Prize for Animal Alternatives
- 2012 ERC Advanced Grant
- 2011 Member of the governing board of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Science
- 2010 Elected member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Science
- 2010 Elected President of the International Society of Differentiation
- 2008 Member of the governing board of ZonMW (Netherlands Medical Research Council)
- 2008 Elected member of the board of the International Society for Stem Cell Research
- 2007 Radcliffe Institute Fellowship, Harvard University, USA