William Bernard McGregor#
|Email:||linwmg 'at' dac.au.dk|
|Main Country of Residence:||DENMARK|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2000/7 onwards: Professor of Linguistics, Aarhus University (tenured position).
- 1999/1 - 2000/7: Visiting Research Fellow, Max-Planck-Institut für Psycholinguistik, Nijmegen.
- 1998/1 – 1999/1: Senior Research Fellow, Departement Linguistiek, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- 1993/1 – 1997/12: Australian Research Council Research Fellow, Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, University of Melbourne.
- 1990/1 – 1991/12: Research Fellow, Humanities and Social Sciences, Bond University.
- 1988/7-12: Lecturer, Russian and Language Studies/Linguistics, University of Melbourne.
- 1987/2 – 1990/1: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Linguistics, La Trobe University.
- 1984/7 - 12: Lecturer, School of Australian Linguistics, Post Office, Batchelor, Australia.
Fields of Scholarship
- Australian Aboriginal languages
- Optionality in grammar
- Grammatical classification (noun and verb)
- History of linguistics
- Numerical language and cognition
- Typological linguistics
- Historical and comparative linguistics
- Grammar of possession
Honours and Awards
- Ridder af Dannebrog (Knight of the Order of Dannebrog) (24 September 2010)
- Academy fellowship:
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities (elected 1999)