|Sadly, this member passed away.|
|Main Country of Residence:||HUNGARY|
Ferenc Mádl passed away May 29, 2011.
- 2000-2005 President of the Republic of Hungary.
- 1993 Minister for culture and education in Hungary
- 1985 Director of the Faculty of Private International Law of the Budapest University of Sciences
- 1971 Ppolitical and legal rapporteur at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences Central Office
Fields of Scholarship
- Comparative Law
- Commercial Law
- Private International Law
Honours and Awards
- 1985 Member of the Harvard Academy of International Commercial Law
- 1987 Member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 2001 Order of the White Eagle (Poland)
- 2002 Gold Medal of the Jean Monnet Foundation for Europe