|Email:||pmlledo 'at' pasteur.fr|
|Main Country of Residence:||FRANCE|
|Section:||PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- Present Position
- Head of the Laboratory "Perception and Memory" at the Pasteur Institute
- Director of the Unit "Genes, Synapses and Cognition" at the French Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- Professional Experience
- 1991-1992 - Post-doctoral fellow (Wellcome trust) at Cambridge University (U.K.).
- 1992-1995 - Assit. Researcher (tenured position, CR2) at the CNRS in Gif-sur-Yvette (France).
- 1995-1997 - Visiting Scientist (NSF & NIH fellowships) at U.C.S.F. (USA).
- 1997-2000 - Assoc. Researcher (tenured position, CR1) at the CNRS in Gif-sur-Yvette (France).
- Since 2001 - Senior Researcher at the CNRS (DR2) in Gif-sur-Yvette (France).
- Since 2002 - Director of the Neuroscience teaching program at the Pasteur Institute.
- Since 2003 - Senior Researcher at the CNRS (DR1) at the Institut Pasteur in Paris (France).
- Since 2007 - Member of the PhD program committee (Ecole Doctorale 3C) at University Paris VI.
- Since 2008 - Vice-president of the Scientific Council of the Pasteur Institute.
- Since 2007 - Member of the Excecutive Council of the French Neuroscience Foundation (ENP).
- Since 2009 - Faculty member of the Universita' di Torino (Italy).
- Since 2009 - Member of the Scientific Council of "Biovision" (French National Academy of Science).
Fields of Scholarship
- neural development
- synaptic transmission
- sensory system
- neural stem cells
- adult Neurogenesis
Honours and Awards
- 1991-92 - Welcome Trust Fellowship
- 1995-97 - National Science Foundation (NSF) and NIH Fellowships
- 1995 - CNRS Medal for the best Junior scientist
- 1995 - "Young Investigator" Award from Paris Academy
- 1996 - "Young Investigator" Award from Ministry of Defense and Technology Researches (DRET)
- 2002 - Award from the Schlumberger Foundation for Education & Research
- 2004 - First Award of the French National Academy of Medicine
- 2005 - Award of the French National Academy of Science
- 2007 - Award of the French National Academy of Science
- 2009 - Member of the New York Academy of Sciences