|Email:||ljung 'at' isy.liu.se|
|Main Country of Residence:||SWEDEN|
|Section:||PHYSICS & ENGINEERING SCIENCES|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1976 - present Professor of the Chair of Automatic Control, Linköping Institute of Technology, Linköping, Sweden, now Emeritus.
- 2009 - 2011 Director of the Strategic Research Area ELLIIT, a joint center between Linköping, Lund, Blekinge and Halmstad.
- 2008 - 2010 Director of the Linneaus Center CADICS funded by the Swedish Research Council.
- 2006 - 2012 Director of the Strategic Research Center MOVIII, funded by the SSF, the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research.
- 2002 - 2007 Director of the Cross-Disciplinary Center VISIMOD funded by the SSF, the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research.
- 1995 - 2006 Director of the NUTEK/VINNOVA Competence Center ISIS
- 1985 - 1986 Visiting Scientist at the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS) at MIT, Cambridge, Mass.
- 1980-1981 Visiting Professor at the Information Systems Laboratory, Information of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- 1975 -1976 Associate Professor (Docent) in Automatic Control, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden.
- 1974-1975 Research Associate at the Information Systems Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
Fields of Scholarship
- System identification
- Linear and nonlinear modeling
- Signal processing
- Recursive algorithms
- Adaptive control
- Robust control
Honours and Awards
- Doctor Honoris Causa from Baltic State University St Petersbourg (1996), Uppsala University (1998), Université de Technologie de Troyes (2004), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (2004), Technical University of Helsinki (2008).
- 2014: The AUTOMATICA Prize Paper Award for papers published in AUTOMATICA 2011-2013.
- 2011-2015: ERC Advanced Grant for the project LEARN
- 2007: The IEEE Control Systems award (one awarded per year)
- 2004: Foreign Member of the US National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
- 2003: The Hendrik W. Bode Lecture Prize, awarded by the IEEE Control Systems Society.
- 2002: The Quazza Medal, awarded by the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC): one awarded every 3 years
- 2001: Honorary Member of the Hungarian Academy of Engineering Sciences
- 1996: The Chester Carlson Research Prize, awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
- 1995: Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (KVA)
- 1993: The AUTOMATICA Prize Paper Award for papers published in AUTOMATICA 1990-1992.
- 1985: Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA)
- 1985: Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), ("For Contributions to Adaptive Control and Recursive Identification".)
- 1981: The AUTOMATICA Prize Paper Award for papers published in AUTOMATICA 1978-1980.
- 1979: The IEEE Control System Society Outstanding Paper Award for papers published in IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control 1977-1978