|Email:||lacquaniti 'at' caspur.it|
|Main Country of Residence:||ITALY|
|Section:||PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1999-present, Chairman of the Center for Space Bio-Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata.
- 1997-present, Full Professor of Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Rome Tor Vergata.
- 1994-present, Director, Department of Neuromotor Physiology, Scientific Institute Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome.
- 1994-97, Full Professor of Physiology and Chairman of the Institute of Human Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Cagliari.
- 1986-93, Contract Professor in Neurophysiology, Medical Faculty, University of Milan.
- 1984-85, Visiting Professor, Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, U.S.A.
- 1982-94, Research Staff Scientist and Acting Chairman, Institute of Physiology of Neural Centres, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Milan.
- 1979-81, Research Fellow, Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, U.S.A.
- 1977-79, Research Fellow, Neurological Clinic, University of Turin.
Fields of Scholarship
- Gait and Posture
- Space physiology
Honours and Awards
- 2012 Member of the Academia Europaea
- 2010 Keynote Lecture at the International Society of Electrophysiology and Kinesiology (ISEK), Aalborg (Denmark)
- 2010-present Appointed to the Editorial board, Frontiers in Exercise Physiology
- 2008-present Appointed Member of the Advisory Board of the Werner Reichardt Excellence Centre for Integrative Neuroscience (CIN), Tubingen (Germany)
- 2007 Keynote Lecture at the International Society of Gait and Posture Research (ISPGR), Vermont (USA)
- 2006-2010 Appointed Member of the Scientific Committee of HFSP (Human Frontier Science Programme), Strasbourg (France)
- 2006 Lifetime achievement for Space Biomedicine, Agenzia Spaziale Italiana
- 2004-07 Elected Member of the Executive Committee of SINS (Italian Society of Neurosciences)
- 2003-2004 Appointed Member of the Review Committee of HFSP (Human Frontier Science Programme), Strasbourg (France)
- 2001-05, Appointed Member of the Schools Committee of FENS (Federation of European Neuroscience Societies)
- 2000, Chair de Professeur invitè, Public lectures "Cours sur Le Mouvement", Collège de France, Paris.
- 2000-present, Appointed Section Editor, Experimental Brain Research
- 1996-99, Appointed Member of the Neurosciences Team for Human Space Flight of European Space Agency
- 1995-2006 Appointed Field Editor, Pflügers Archiv - European Journal of Physiology
- 1994-2004 Appointed Editor, Journal of Motor Behavior
- 1985 Best national researcher award, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Italy