Nicholas R. Jennings#
|Email:||vpr 'at' imperial.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2016 - Vice-Provost (Research), Imperial College London
- 2014-2016 Regius Professor of Computer Science, University of Southampton
- 1999-2014 Professor of Computer Science Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton
- 2008-10 Associate Dean (Research & Enterprise), Faculty of Engineering, Science and Maths
- 2010-16 Chief Scientific Advisor for National Security to the UK Government
- 2001-08 Deputy Head of School (Research)
- 2000- Chief Scientific Advisor, Lostwax
- 1998-99 Professor, Electronic Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London
- 1995-98 Reader, Electronic Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London
- 1989-95 Lecturer, Electronic Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London
- 1988-89 Research Assistant, Electronic Engineering, Queen Mary, University of London
- 1992 PhD. Artificial Intelligence. Queen Mary, University of London
Fields of Scholarship
- Agent-based computing
- Multi-agent systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Autonomous Systems
Honours and Awards
- 2009: Winner of The Engineer Award for Best Aerospace and Defence Project for ALADDIN.
- 2009: Winner of BAE SYSTEMS Chairman's Award for ALADDIN's Technology Transfer activities.
- 2003: ACM Autonomous Agents Research Award for contributions to the field of agent-based computing.
- 2000: IEE Achievement Medal for contributions to agent-based computing.
- 1999 Computer and Thought Award for "outstanding contributions to practical agent architectures and applied work in the field of multi-agent systems" (The most prestigious award for a young AI researcher)