|Email:||bart 'at' cs.ru.nl|
|Main Country of Residence:||THE NETHERLANDS|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2002-present: Professor of Software Security and Correctness, Radboud University Nijmegen.
- 2005-2011: Professor of Design and Verication of Secure Software Systems, Technical University Eindhoven (1 day per week).
- 1997-2002: Research Fellow of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW), based at the Department of Computer Science, Radboud University of Nijmegen.
- 1996-1997: Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science, Radboud University of Nijmegen.
- 1994-1996: Post doc at the Center for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) in Amsterdam.
- 1992-1994: Post doc at the Department of Mathematics, University of Utrecht.
- 1991-1992: Research Associate at the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics of Cambridge University (UK).
- 1987-1991: PhD Researcher, Radboud University of Nijmegen.
Fields of Scholarship
- Smart cards, esp. Java cards, and their applications (e.g. in identity documents, public transport).
- Specification and verication for security protocols and software.
- Semantics of programming, mathematical basis of computing, esp. coalgebra and quantum computing.
- Identity and privacy management, including societal aspects of computer security, like electronic voting, privacy road pricing, e-ticketing (in public transport), smart electricity metering.
Honours and Awards
- 2012: Recipient of the Dutch order of chivalry: Officer of Orange-Nassau, for work on security
- 2002: NWO Pioneer
- 1997: Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) fellowship