|Email:||inguscio 'at' lens.unifi.it|
|Main Country of Residence:||ITALY|
|Section:||PHYSICS & ENGINEERING SCIENCES|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2005 Humboldt Fellow, University of Munich, MPQ
- 1995-now Professor of “Atomic Physics” and "Structure of Matter" at the University of Florence
- 1993 Visiting Scientist at the “Laboratoire de Spectroscopie Hertzienne”de l'Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
- 1991-1995 Professor of "Optics" at the University of Florence
- 1986-1990 Professor of "Structure of Matter" at the University of Napoli
- 1982-1983 Fullbright Visiting Scientist and NATO Senior Fellow at the National Bureau of Standards (NBS), Boulder, Colorado
- 1980-1986 Associated Professor of General Physics at the University of Pisa
- 1977-1980 Assistant professor at the Department of Physics of the University of Pisa
- 1976-1977 Assistant professor at the Department of Physics of the University of Lecce
- 1973-1976 Postdoctoral scholar at the University of Pisa
Fields of Scholarship
- Atomic, molecular and optical physics
- High-precision spectroscopy of atoms and molecules
- Spectroscopic instrumentation
- Laser cooling and trapping
- Bose-Einstein condensation of atomic gases
- Ultracold atomic Fermi gases
- Atom interferometry
- Quantum simulation with ultracold atoms in optical lattices
- Physics of disorder with ultracold atoms
Honours and Awards
- 2010 International Prize "Felice Pietro Chisesi and Caterina Tomassoni", Sapienza University, Roma.
- 2009 Advanced Grant (IDEAS) from the European Research Council (ERC).
- 2008 Fellow of the European Optical Society (EOS).
- 2008 Member of the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Roma.
- 2006 Fellow of the American Physical Society (APS).
- 2005 Grand Prix Scientifique de l’Academie des sciences de l’Institut de France (Fondation Simone e Cino Del Duca), Paris.
- 2005 Member of the Istituto Lombardo (Accademia di Scienze e Lettere), Milano.
- 2004 "Enrico Fermi" Prize of the Italian Physical Society (SIF).
- 2004 Humboldt Research Award.
- 2002 Fellow of the Optical Society of America (OSA).
- 1995 Laser Optronics Prize of the Italian Physical Society (SIF).