|Email:||kristian.helin 'at' bric.ku.dk|
|Main Country of Residence:||DENMARK|
|Section:||BIOCHEMISTRY & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2012 Founding member of the Danish Stem Cell Center (Danstem), University of Copenhagen
- 2008 Co-founder of the biotech company EpiTherapeutics, member of the BoD, chair Scientific Advisory Board, and CSO.
- 2007 Director (founding) of Danish National Research Foundation’s Centre for Epigenetics
- 2006 – 2010 Director (founding), Danish Research School on Molecular Mechanisms of Disease, MoMeD
- 2004 Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen
- 2003 Director (founding), Biotech Research & Innovation Centre, University of Copenhagen
- 2003 – 2007 Professor, European School of Molecular Medicine, Milan
- 2000 – 2004 Division Director, European Institute of Oncology, Milan
- 1995 – 2000 Unit Director (founding member), European Institute of Oncology, Milan
- 1994 – 1995 Group leader, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen
- 1991 – 1993 Research Fellow in lab of Prof. Ed Harlow, Harvard Medical School, Boston
Fields of Scholarship
- Stem cells
- Cancer biology
- Cell cycle control
- Molecular biology
- Drug development
Honours and Awards
- 2014 Anders Jahre Senior Medical Research Prize
- 2013 Elected to Academia Europaea
- 2012 The Carlsberg Foundation’s Research Prize in Natural Sciences (awarded by the The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters).
- 2011 ERC Advanced grant
- 2011 The innovation prize of University of Copenhagen (first time the prize was awarded)
- 2010 Elected Fellow of the European Academy of Cancer Sciences.
- 2008 The Novo Nordisk Prize for outstanding biomedical research (considered the most prestigious biomedical scientific prize in Denmark).
- 2008 Elected to The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters.
- 2003 Prize for “Excellence in Cancer Research” presented by the Danish Society for Cancer Research
- 2002 Elected member of European Molecular Biology Organisation.
- 1997-1999 Research Award from The Armenisse Harvard Foundation for Advanced Scientific research
- 1993 Post-doctoral fellowship from the Danish Medical Research Council (extension)
- 1991-1993 Post-doctoral fellowship from the Danish Medical Research Council
- 1988-1991 Ph.D. fellowship from the Danish Biotechnology Program
- 1987-1988 Scholarship from the Danish Education Ministry