|Sadly, this member passed away.|
|Email:||p.hall 'at' ucl.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Peter Hall passed away July 30, 2014.
Present and Previous Positions
- 1992- Chair of Planning, The Bartlett, University College London
- 1980 - 1992 Professor, Department of City and Regional Planning, University of California at Berkeley (Emeritus, 1993)
- 1968 - 1989 Professor of Geography (Head of Department, 1968 80), University of Reading (Emeritus, 1989)
- 1966 - 1967 Reader in Geography with special reference to Regional Planning, London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London
- 1957 - 1960 Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer, Birkbeck College, University of London.
Fields of Scholarship
- Urban and regional planning
- Transport planning
- Urban and regional spatial analysis
Honours and Awards
- 1968 Gill Memorial Prize, Royal Geographical Society
- 1979 Adolph Bentinck Prize
- 1983 Fellowship of the British Academy
- 1988 Founder's Medal, Royal Geographical Society
- 1988 Honorary Fellowship, St Catharine's College, Cambridge
- 1989 Degree of Doctor of Social Science Honoris Causa, University of Birmingham
- 1991 George Stephenson Medal, Institution of Civil Engineers, London
- 1992 Degree of Doctor of Philosophy Honoris Causa, University of Lund, Sweden
- 1995 Corresponding Member, Österreichisches Wissenshaftliche Akademie
- 1995 Degree of Doctor of Letters Honoris Causa, University of Sheffield
- 1995 Degree of Doctor of Letters Honoris Causa, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- 1996 Degree of Doctor of Engineering Honoris Causa, Technical University of Nova Scotia
- 1997 Degree of Doctor of Arts Honoris Causa, Oxford Brookes University
- 1998 Created Knight Bachelor
- 1999 Ebenezer Howard Memorial Medal, Town and Country Planning Association
- 1999 Degree of Doctor of Law, University of Reading
- 2000 Degree of Doctor of Science Honoris Causa, University of the West of England.
- 2001 Degree of Doctor of Laws Honoris Causa, University of Manchester.
- 2002 Degree of Doctor of Letters Honoris Causa, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh.
- 2002 Degree of Doctor of Letters Honoris Causa, London Guildhall University.
- 2003 Gold Medal, Royal Town Planning Institute
- 2003 "Pioneer in the Life of the Nation", recognition by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- 2004 Degree of Doctor of Social Sciences Honoris Causa, Queen Mary University of London
- 2004 Degree of Doctor of Technology Honoris Causa, University of Greenwich
- 2004 Honorary Professor, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- 2005 Degree of Doctor of Science Honoris Causa, Loughborough University
- 2005 Lifetime Achievement Award, UK Deputy Prime Minister
- 2005 Balzan International Prize
- 2008 Sir Patrick Abercrombie Prize, International Union of Architects