|Email:||peter.hagoort 'at' donders.ru.nl|
|Main Country of Residence:||THE NETHERLANDS|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2006 – present Director Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen; Scientific member of the Max Planck Society
- 2004 - present Full professor in Cognitive Neuroscience at the Radboud University Nijmegen.
- 2003 – 2006 University Affiliate of the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen
- 1999 - present Director Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, Nijmegen
- 1999 - 2004 Full Professor of Neuropsychology at the University of Nijmegen
- 1990 - 2003 Head Research Project “Neurocognition of Language Processing”, MPI for Psycholinguistics (Nijmegen)
Fields of Scholarship
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Neurobiology of language
- Use of neuroimaging techniques such as ERP, MEG, PET and fMR to investigate the language system
- Language impairments, as in aphasia, dyslexia and autism.
Honours and Awards
- 2012 Academy Professor Prize, awarded by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2010 Elected fellow of the International Neuropsychological Symposium
- 2008 Senior Heymans Prize of the NIP (Nederlands Instituut van Psychologen)
- 2007 Honorary doctorate, University of Glasgow
- 2005 Spinoza Premium (1.5 M €) awarded by the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO).
- 2005 Elected as one of the "Ten most visible researchers of the Radboud University Nijmegen" in the media
- 2004 Member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)
- 2004 Knight of the Netherlands Lion (Ridder in de Orde van de Nederlandse Leeuw)
- 2003 Hendrik Muller Prize for the Behavioural Sciences (€ 25.000), Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)