|Email:||john.goddard 'at' ncl.ac.uk|
|Main Country of Residence:||UNITED KINGDOM|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2008 Emeritus Henry Daysh Professor of Regional Development Studies, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and Leverhulme Emeritus Fellow
- 1998 - 2001 Pro-Vice-Chancellor, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- 1994 - 1998 Dean, Faculty of Law, Environment and Social Sciences
- 1978 - 1998 Honorary Director of the Centre for Urban and Regional Studies, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- 1975 - 2008 Henry Daysh Professor of Regional Development Studies, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- 1968 - 75 Lecturer in Geography, London School of Economics
Fields of Scholarship
- Economic geography
- Office location
- Regional development
- University governance
- University-city linkages
- Geographical education
- North-East England
Honours and Awards
- 1986 made an Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to regional development
- 1992 awarded the Victoria Gold Medal of the Royal Geographical Society for promotion of geographical scholarship
- 2004 made a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences.
- 2010 made an Honorary Fellow of University College London.
- 2011 received the Sir Peter Hall Award from the Regional Studies Association.
- 2012 received the Lord Dearing Lifetime Achievement Award for Higher Education.