|Email:||cgianturco67 'at' gmail.com|
|Main Country of Residence:||ITALY|
|Section:||MUSICOLOGY & HISTORY OF ART & ARCHITECTURE|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2010 - present Coordinator, "Centro per la Diffusione della Cultura e della Pratica Musicale", University of Pisa, Italy
- 2000 - present Founder and Coordinator of the University of Pisa Choir.
- 2000 - present President and General Director, National Edition of "L'Opera Omnia di A.Stradella", Pisa, Italy
- 1979 - 2004 : Associate Professor of Music History, The University of Pisa , Italy .
- 1971 - 1979 : Lecturer in Music History , The University of Pisa , Italy.
- 1970 - 1978 : Adjunct professor of Music History , State University of New York at Oswego, Pisa Programme.
- 1963 - 1967 : Instructor , Music History , Rutgers University , New Brunswick , New Jersey, USA.
- 1959 - 1963 : Music teacher at New Jersey State Schools , USA .
- 1955 - 1959 : Freelance accompanying pianist for singers, New York City , USA.
Fields of Scholarship
- Life and works of Alessandro Stradella (1639-1682)
- The 17th-Century Italian cantata in all its manifestations
- Italian poetry for Baroque vocal music
- Sacred , secular and moral opera in 17th-century Italy
- The 17th-century Italian oratorio
- Mozart's early operatic works before "Idomeneo"
- Music in Tuscany (15th - 19th centuries)
Honours and Awards
- Honorary degree : Doctor of Humane Letters, honoris causa, Marywood University (USA), 2005
- Honorary citizenship, Nepi (Italy), 2004
- Honorary member, Associazione Toscana per la Ricerca delle Fonti Musicali, 2004
- Special award for contributions to culture, Le Muse (Pisa, Italy), 2000
- Award for professional achievement, Marywood University (USA), 1995