|Email:||josep.domingo 'at' urv.cat|
|Main Country of Residence:||SPAIN|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2007 - present Founder and Chairholder of the UNESCO Chair in Data Privacy, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Catalonia
- 2006 - present Head of Department, Department of Computer Engineering and Maths. Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- 2003 - present Full Professor of Computer Science, Department of Computer Engineering and Maths. Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- 2002 - 2005 Dean of the School of Engineering. Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- 1994 - 2003 Associate Professor of Computer Science (1997,11 to 2003,03), Associate Professor of Statistics and OR (1995,05 to 1997,11), Tenure-Track Associate Professor of Statistics and OR (1994,01 to 1995,05). Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- 1992 - 1993 Systems Engineer. University of Barcelona
- 1991 - 1992 Communications Engineer. Supercomputing Center of Catalonia (CESCA), Barcelona
- 1989 - 1991 Predoctoral Fellow. Dept. of Computer Science. Autonomous University of Barcelona
Fields of Scholarship
- Data privacy
- Data security
- Data anonymisation
- Statistical disclosure control
Honours and Awards
- 2012 "Narcís Monturiol" Medal to scientific and technological merit, awarded by the Government of Catalonia.
- 2011 Fellow of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), elevated for "for contributions to technologies conciliating privacy, security and functionality in statistical databases". This is a very selective honour, as explained in http://www.ieee.org/fellows: "The IEEE Grade of Fellow is conferred by the Board of Directors upon a person with an extraordinary record of accomplishments in any of the IEEE fields of interest. The total number selected in any one year does not exceed one-tenth of one percent of the total voting Institute membership."
- 2011 Academic Activity Award, with top tier, Universitat Rovira i Virgili (top tier awarded to the university's most productive 18 faculty members)
- 2008 ICREA Acadèmia Award, awarded by the Government of Catalonia for outstanding work and leadership in research. There were 40 awards and 350 applicants among all faculty members of public universities in Catalonia. As this was the first call of these awards, getting one meant ranking as one of the 40 research leaders among faculty members in public Catalan universities
- 2008 Second Prize to the Best Business Idea (7th Contest on Business Ideas, CIDEM-Government of Catalonia)
- 2007 Prize "FemEmpresa'2007" (Caixa Tarragona)
- 2007 Co-ordinator of the CONSOLIDER research grant "ARES" CSD2007-0004 on security and privacy, with budget 5.5 M€ and over one hundred team members from six universities. This ranked "ARES" as one of Spain's 34 strongest research teams in all areas
- 2007 Prize to the Best Enterprise Creation Project (IV Reus Awards to Enterprise Creation, Municipality of Reus).
- 2006 Prize to the Best Entrepreneurial Initiative (Tarraco Young Enterprise 2006, Municipality of Tarragona)
- 2004 TOYP-Catalonia 2004 Award (The Outstanding Young Persons of Catalonia) for academic achievement (Junior Chamber International-Catalonia section)
- 2003 "Salvà i Campillo" Award to the Most Outstanding Research (Association of Telecom Engineers of Catalonia).
- 1988 Outstanding Graduation Award (Autonomous University of Barcelona)