Serge Alain Cosnier#
|Email:||Serge.Cosnier 'at' ujf-grenoble.fr|
|Main Country of Residence:||FRANCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2012-2015 Director of the Department of Molecular Chemistry UMR CNRS 5250
- 2001-ongoing President of the French Group of Bioelectrochemistry
- 2007-2013 President of the Rhône-Alpes section of the Chemical Society of France
- 2012-2015 Member of the Administration Council of the Chemical Society of France
- 2012-2015 Director of the CNRS unit: GDR 3540 “Biofuel cells” gathering 11 laboratories
- 2013-2014 Vice-President of the Evaluation Committee of the Nanotechnologies and Nanosystems Program of the National Research Agency (ANR)
- 2009-2012 Coordinator of the international scientific coordination network France-China: (GDRI CNRS unit) "New approaches for water control and sustainable energy by electrochemical biosensors and biofuel cells”
- 1999-ongoing Leader of the Electrochemical and Analytical Biosystems Laboratory
- 2003-2010 Director of the CNRS unit: GDR 2619 “Microbiosensors” gathering 10 laboratories
Fields of Scholarship
- Molecular electrochemistry
- Modification of electrode surfaces
- Carbon nanotubes (modification and characterization)
- Photosensitive films and electrochemiluminescence
- Electrochemical and optical biosensors, immunosensors and DNA sensors
- Electrogenerated conducting and redox polymers
- Inorganic composite materials and hybrid organic-inorganic materials for biosensors
- Biofuel cells
- Bio-inspired and biomimetic electrode materials for sensing and energy conversion
- Electrochemical transduction of biological processes
Honours and Awards
- 2013 Distinguished Visiting Professor of the Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing, China.
- 2012 Distinguished Visiting Professor of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- 2011 CNRS award of Scientific Excellence
- 2010 Fellow of the International Society of Electrochemistry.
- 2009 Katsumi Niki Prize for Bioelectrochemistry awarded by the International Society of Electrochemistry
- 2008 Honorary professor of the College of Chemical and Chemical Engineering, Yangzhou University
- 2006 National “ CMC2 ” Prize awarded by the French National Club Chemical Microsensors
- 2004 Award of the Chemical Society of France Rhône-Alpes section
- 1996 Prize of the Grenoble Town "Technology and Matter, Life sciences"
- 1993 National “ CMC2 ” Prize awarded by the French National Club Chemical Microsensors
- 1989 Fellowship of the Alexander von Humboldt foundation.