|Email:||chambaud 'at' u-pem.fr|
|Main Country of Residence:||FRANCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2014 - 2009 Emeritus Professor University Paris-Est Marne la Vallée
- 1992 - 2014 Full Professor at the University Paris-Est Marne la Vallée
- 2011 - 2014 Scientific Advisor at the AERES (National French Agency for Evaluation of research)
- 2006 - 2011 Director of the Chemistry Department of the CNRS ( National Center for Scientific Research)
- 1991 - 1992 Professor in the Chemistry Department of the Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris
- 1990 - 1991 Invited Scientist in the Chemistry Department of the University of Frankfurt/Main Germany
- 1985 - 1990 Professor in the Chemistry Department of the Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris
- 1972 - 1985 Assistant-Professor then Associate Professor in the Chemistry Department of the Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris
Fields of Scholarship
- Molecular physical-chemistry, determination of the electronic structure, properties and potential energy functions of molecular species of interest for the atmosphere and space chemistry, in ground or excited states.
- Ro-vibrational spectroscopy of Renner-Teller triatomic systems with contributions to the development of several codes including the various couplings of momenta (electronic, vibrational, rotational and spin).
- Study of negative ions, stability, reactivity and characterization of carbon chains anions (C3-, C3H-, C7-, C2S- and C2O-) and other stable anions (NCF-, NCCl-, NCO- and NCS-).
- Electronic structure and spectroscopy of small metallic compounds (Zn2 and HgZn), oxides (AlO), halides (F, Cl and Br) of I-B metals and dihydrides (CuH2 and AgH2).
- Chemi- and physisorption of H2 molecules on metallic surfaces with a combined cluster-periodic-embedding approach.
- Elaboration of an additive model allowing transferring elastic and electro-mechanic parameters from the atomistic description to continuous media in the case of nanowires and nanostructures of semi-conductors (ZnO, AlN, GaN). Applications of this model are used to complete experimental developments of sensors and captors based on piezoelectric properties.
Honours and Awards
- 2015 Elected at the Presidency of the French Chemical Society
- 2015 Nomination at the Council of the HCERES (National French Council for the Evaluation of the Scientific Research)
- 2012 Elected at the Board of the French Chemical Society
- 2012 Nominated as Chevalier in the order of the French Palmes Academiques
- 2007 Nominated at the Board of the French Chemical Industries (UIC)
- 2007 Nominated as Knight in the order of the French Legion d'Honneur
- 2006 Nominated at the Board of the Synchrotron SOLEIL
- 2006 Nominated as Director for the Chemistry at the CNRS
- 2006 Nominated as Knight in the order of the French Palmes Academiques
- 2001 Elected as Vice-President of the board of Directors in the University of Marne la Vallée
- 2000 Elected at the Presidency of the Education Division of the French Chemical Society