|Email:||canadell 'at' icmab.es|
|Main Country of Residence:||SPAIN|
Present and Previous Positions
- 1996 May - present Research Professor at the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona
- 1996 September – 2001 March Responsible of the Materials Science and Technology Department of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
- 1989 October - 1996 May: Directeur de Recherches au CNRS. Université de Paris-Sud (France), Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory
- 1984 October - 1989 October Chargé de Recherches au CNRS. Université de Paris-Sud (France), Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory
- 1983 September - 1984 September Research Associate. Department of Chemistry, The University of Chicago (USA)
- 1978 September - 1983 July Associate Professor and Director of the Physical Chemistry Department. Chemistry Faculty of Tarragona. University of Barcelona (Spain).
- 1978 March - 1978 August Chargé de Recherches Associé (CNRS). Université de Paris-Sud (France), Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory
- 1976 May - 1978 February 1978 Postdoctoral researcher. sUniversité de Paris-Sud (France), Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory.
- 1973 October - 1976 April Predoctoral researcher. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Quantum Chemistry Department
Fields of Scholarship
- Theoretical chemistry
- Solid state chemistry and physics
- Electronic structure of low-dimensional materials
Honours and Awards
- 1995: Physics prize (Rochat-Julliard) of the French Academy of Sciences for work on the electronic structure of low-dimensional metals.