|Email:||thomasb 'at' pasteur.fr|
|Main Country of Residence:||FRANCE|
|Section:||PHYSIOLOGY & NEUROSCIENCE|
Present and Previous Positions
- Since 2008: Director of the unit “Human Genetics and Cognitive Functions” at the Neuroscience Department of the Pasteur Institute.
- 2003-2008: Group leader of the 5 year group “Human Genetics and Cognitive Functions” at the Neuroscience Department of the Pasteur Institute.
- 1999-2003: Laboratory “Human Immunogenetics” at the Pasteur Institute directed by Pr. Marc Fellous. Subject : Genetic susceptibility to psychiatric disorders.
- 1995-1999: Assistant Professor in the laboratory “Human Immunogenetics” at the Pasteur Institute directed by Pr. Marc Fellous. Subject : Molecular Bases of Male Fertility
- 1990-1994: Ph.D. Student in the INSERM U393 at the Necker Hospital, directed by Pr. Arnold Munnich. Subject: Molecular Bases of Mitochondrial Diseases.
- 1989–1990: Master Student in the laboratory BV4 of the University Paris 6, directed by Pr. Claude Lance. Subject: Isolation of the succinate dehydrogenase of Potatoes.
Fields of Scholarship
- Genetics of complex traits
- Mouse behaviour
Honours and Awards
- 2015 Elected as member of the French Academy of Sciences
- 2015 IPSEN Prize for Neuronal Plasticity
- 2012 Chair of excellence of the Bettencourt-Schueller and FondaMental Fondations
- 2008 Elected as member of the European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO)
- 2008 Vallery Radot award from the Pasteur Institute and the French Academy of Sciences
- 2007 Lacassagne award from the Collège de France
- 2007 Jean Bernard award of the victories of medicine
- 2007 French Academy of Sciences award 2007 (Biological discoveries of 2007)
- 2005 Awarded ENI (European Neuroscience Institutes) Young Investigator