|Email:||goran.bolin 'at' sh.se|
|Main Country of Residence:||SWEDEN|
|Section:||FILM, MEDIA & VISUAL STUDIES|
Present and Previous Positions
- 2013 Vice Dean, Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Life Sciences, Södertörn University, Sweden.
- 2004 - present Professor of media and communication studies, School of Culture and Communication, Södertörn University.
- 2001 - 2004 Associate professor of Media and Communication Studies, Södertörn University.
- 1998 - 2001 Assistant professor of Media and Communication Studies, Södertörn University.
- 1997 PhD scholarship of Media and Communication Studies, Dept of Journalism, Media & Communication, Stockholm University
- 1992 - 1996 Assistant professor (acting position) of Media and Communication Studies, Dept of Journalism, Media & Communication, Stockholm University
- 1990 - 2002 Research assistant, Dept of Journalism, Media & Communication, Stockholm University
Fields of Scholarship
- Cultural production and consumption in contemporary culture industries
- Digitization and marketization processes
- Violence in the media
- Entertainment television and the relation between production practices and textual expressions
- Media consumption and the production of value in cultural industries
- Media structure and use in the Baltic Sea region
- Media generations
Honours and Awards
- 2013 Visiting Professor, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, Lisboa, Centro de Estudos Communicação e Cultura, September-December
- 2006 Visiting Professor, University of Westminster, Communication and Media Research Institute (CAMRI), School of Media, Art & Design, September-October