Gunnar W. Bergström#
|Email:||oddsoxinventions 'at' msn.com|
|Main Country of Residence:||SWEDEN|
Present and Previous Positions
- Professor of Ethological Chemistry, GU 1983
- Special Research Position with the Swedish Natural Science Research Council (NFR) in Ecological Chemistry, GU 1976-1983
- Associate Professor of Biochemistry, GU 1973-1983
- Research Assistant with the Swedish Natural Science Research Council (NFR) in Ecological Chemistry, Uppsala University, 1970-1976
- Research Assistant in Medical Biochemistry, GU 1967-1970
- Research Assistant in Medical Physics, GU 1964-1967
Fields of Scholarship
- analytical chemistry, organic chemistry and biochemistry
- ethology, ecology and evolutionary biology
Honours and Awards
- The Letterstedt Prize “for important investigations” (given by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences), 1978.
- 2nd Prize in Swedish Radio/Telev.competition for best popular science program, 1978.
- The Insect Biochemistry Prize for best scientific article of the year, 1980.
- The Linnean Prize (given by the Royal Society of Sciences, Uppsala), 1982.
- Invitation by His Royal Highness at the occasion of The International Prize in Biology, by Emperor Hirohito of Japan, 1986.
- Invitation by Fondation Les Treilles, France (Mme. Schlumberger), Evolution of social organization in insects (Symposium), 1986.
- ISCE (International Society of Chemical Ecology) Medals, 1989 and 2008 (Annual Silver Medal with Plenary Talk).
- NOR, Swedish Royal Medal/Diploma of Merit, 1989.
- Invited speaker at Jean-Marie Delwart International Symposia, Belgium: “Plant-Insect Relationships” 1995, and “Insect and Vertebrate Olfaction” 1998.